Monday, February 3, 2014

Puppies!

Because I did a bit of an all-nighter for the robotics competition back home, I slept in a bit. I needed to get set up to watch the Puppy Bowl, so I was working on getting the TV set up better. I went out to get batteries, and ended up finding that all you can eat sushi place again. Given I hadn't eaten yet today, I decided to try it out, and tried four different rolls, before getting stuffed. It was really good, but I have the feeling it would be better if I wasn't aiming for all I could eat.

So, I got back and tried to watch the Puppy Bowl. Unfortunately, it was at 3 pm Eastern, not Pacific. I'll find a way to get it, shouldn't be too hard to acquire after the fact.

But, given it was 3:30pm or so, I went downstairs to see who was watching in the clubhouse, a common area to my apartment complex. There were two other couples there, and along with the girls at the office, who came in on occasion, we had a good show.

Now, I'm not a football fan, but that game was amazing. I never had such a good time watching it, because it was hilarious. Never have I laughed so much watching football. I won't spoil the results, but everything that could have gone wrong did, and it was incredibly entertaining watching a live blooper reel.

But, watching the game with them got us to talking, and we got to know each other a lot better. Afterwards, we talked a lot more, and I found more people to do stuff with. Things are falling into place! We'll probably contact each other in the week to do stuff, which is nice.

But other than that, not much else happened this weekend. I'll want to rest up, in hopes that I get the energy to run the next week. But, one big thing's handled (though I will want to finish the new robotics thing, it's no longer a priority).

No comments:

Post a Comment