Monday, February 3, 2014

Rest and song

Today was mostly a day of rest, so there isn't much to say.

I passed by Costco, and got some steak, because there's a grill in the common area at the apartment. We'll see how that works tomorrow.

I was told that non-regulated gas would be problematic, because it can go up and down at will (mostly up), but I don't see it. Gas prices are all over the place, but the low water mark is pretty constant at 3.39, and I'm pretty sure the low water mark was in the 3.40's when I got there, so I'm fine with it. I go to Costco anyway, and it's at the bottom.

One big difference of the big city is how many radio stations there are. You can't tune more than a click or two before finding something new. When I first got the rental car, it was Spanish talk radio, and I kept it on a few days in case I'd pick something. I then found a rock station, and was using that mostly. When I switched cars, I learned of a top 40 channel, but there's too many dance remixes for my liking. I did ask for suggestions, and have a rotation of about 6-7 stations now. I say this because I'm discovering some new music, which is nice.

I've also lost the ability to stream from Slacker, so I sort of lost my custom radio, but I'm slowly teaching Spotify to do something just as good. I'll need to remember more artists, and make more recommendations, but I'm learning about cool new artists, and trying to sell some more obscure Canadian artists to people. Go culture shock!

I also need to work on my guitar chords... I'm still having difficulty cramming all the fingers in there without hitting any other strings. Once I convince Rocksmith I can do one, the rest will probably go easier.

But, I should get sleep, since I'm in the 'get to work around 7' part of the week. It's been a while since I've been at a job with fixed hours, so my father has no clue what to make of it, but I like the flexibility. I might tweak my schedule somewhat, to make a "42-hour week", so that I can take 2 hours off on a day to be determined, which will probably prove useful once I get involved in softball again. Something else for the todo list. The company team probably won't play again for a few months, so I'll need to make a solo effort. I'm also wondering if I've got a fighting chance at hardball, but given I'll probably end up in the "beginner" softball league, I'm guessing no. But it would be cool to try. We'll see.

At least the hard part is over, now, it's time to mix it up and work up to cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment