Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Adventures at the DMV, part one

I had a 10:20 appointment, so I made sure to leave plenty early, in case of traffic, parking, or GPS-related issues.

10:00am: I arrived, so plenty of time. Turns out because I have an appointment, I just need to stand in line on the red carpet (it's not that fancy), and figure it out from there. I left the appointment paper in the car, and I don't know how anal they'll be. I'll just grab that quick.
10:05am: Well, I'm at the front of the line. New license, out of country, so I give the ID, and I forgot my passport, and they won't take the I-94 without it. Well. That's probably record time for getting in and out of the DMV. I passed by the postal office to send my watch to get replaced, and headed to work. I booked an appointment for Thursday, Feb 6th, and I'll try planning better next time.

Work went well. Got much further in the training manual of the old system, and got all the errors flushed out on the development side. We've got the new system running on our development environments, so we'll be able to start coding soon.

Also, using the phone as a GPS doesn't work so good, because the GPS unit is a bit wonky, and sometimes bounces around, causing silly recalculations. I should get me a new phone, at some point.

So, I got home, and spent the evening relaxing between the hot tub, and Netflix, because clearly, I need to rest.

On a related note, back home, my family is finishing up the logistics of my move by tidying up my old place and leaving it with a nice big red bow, so that it can be given back. I am very grateful that I can count on family to help me out on this stuff, because I can't do it all on my own. So thank you very much!

And in closing, if I'm to get to work somewhere in the neighbourhood of 7 am, I should probably find the bed. Tomorrow is Thursday, and I've got about 16-17 hours left to do, unless I fill the gap with vacation hours. 10-6 should suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment