Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Like Christmas

Today, the movers arrived. I met the lead one while his helpers arrived, and did a quick once over to figure out the best plan of attack. They parked on the main street, and walked everything through the gate, around the corner, up the stairs, and in.

They made it look easy. They were in and out in like two hours, assembling everything that had been disassembled, and putting the boxes where I wanted them. I had to make some spontaneous interior decorating, but we've got a setup, and there's plenty of room.

I then went to work, and technical issues cancelled the training we were supposed to have. However, most of the dev team had other things to do, so their tasks here weren't ready. Since that's the most productive thing I can do now, I took over a bunch of those, and got another one done. They're pretty easy, so it's just getting a rhythm. I also got some HR tasks handled, and I'll soon be talking about career growth.

I let the guy at Toyota know the letter they were waiting for was in, and they said tomorrow is better. I passed by Mazda just out if Anaheim, and got progress there too. Good to have a backup, since my credit or lack thereof is still problematic.

I got back home and started cracking at boxes. I needed the TV powered to give it time to warm up, so I got a bunch of computer things out. Opening those boxes was like Christmas, unwrapping all the packing paper and seeing what was inside... I was literally giddy, even though there was a lot of junk too. I'll need to figure out what to do with some of this, since I'm low on souvenir space.

But, I have the real bed, so I'll get my new bedding on, and get rest. Tomorrow, the cable guys come, and I have no idea how were doing that, since the computer and TV are in separate rooms now. We'll see, Ethernet cable and drills must be cheap, worst case.

No comments:

Post a Comment