Sunday, January 5, 2014

Five years of engineering school, people

Last time, we had a burner phone that insisted on not charging. And now, the thrilling conclusion:

In the morning, I checked the phone battery, and it had yet to charge. I could get a screen to flash by unplugging and replugging, but nothing else. So, the only solution was to put it back in the box and try to return it.

In the box was the battery.

Now, I wanted to physically check the battery yesterday, but the back of the phone really didn't want to come off, and it felt like it wanted to break when I tried to get it off, but I got it off, put the battery in, and it started charging fine after that. They actually have some pretty good plans, though I don't know if I can get away with using that on a smartphone. We'll see. This'll work for now.

With a phone number, it was much easier to get responses for places to rent. However, the big limiting factor is the lack of car. So, I'll look for a rental. Seems like Budget has the best rates... I can shuttle from the hotel to the airport, and then shuttle from the airport to the car rental place. I'll need to figure out where to stash the thing, but I'll move from the hotel to an extended stay hotel pretty quick. I'm sure I'll have more answers when I go to work, and talk to more people.

So, tonight, I'll go look into those two things, and keep moving from there.
First day of work might be interesting, since I need to report at one office at 9 am, then the other at 11. So, rental car will be mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment