Friday, January 24, 2014

Vroom

Well, today was another long day.

I needed to wait home this morning for the cable guy to come install the internet. It took some time, since he needed to drill some holes, but everything is working, and I've got some pretty good speed.

I didn't get much more out of the boxes, since the core necessities are out. I did get the TV back on its mount, and into position. Nothing is plugged into it, but I hear I can get a $20 antenna at Target.

We were supposed to have a team lunch at work, but the cable appointment cancelled that. Oh well. I did my half day, and got some stuff done, and learned a few more things. However, I will have another appointment tomorrow morning, but with the internet, I'll be able to work from home, until the guy shows up.

After work, I went back to the dealership, and got the last few pieces of information they needed to secure the lease. They needed proof of employment, proof I'd stay in the country long enough, and proof of residence. They got all they needed, and we could finally talk finance.

It's a 2014 Toyota Corolla, with a rear camera. It had 4 miles when I drove it off the lot, and about 16, when I got home.

It took a lot longer than I was hoping, I got in soon after I left work at 6, and left well after 9. But my situation wasn't the most ideal. I still ended up with a good rate, though I will be losing a few thousand in interest. However, not too shabby. They did manage to package on some extra insurance, and I did make them nervous when I was questioning their math, but I did get them to notice an error, lowering the monthly cost, and I did see the accounting as to how we got to the number.

Overall, it seems like a very nice car, and I guess I'll see how it goes. It's a car, but I'll be paying way less than rentals, and it's pretty good on gas.

I did start looking at insurance, but it's getting late. Shouldn't be hard to get, since Geiko seems to count Canada/US as equivalent for the questionnaire. I should be able to get insurance around 100-115 a month, depending on how much I want.

So, we're really getting close to being done here, and I might have the weekend all to myself. But I need sleep, badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment