Sunday, January 26, 2014

They like it! Hey, Mikey!

With a full apartment, and the car thing settled, there were some things I needed to go shop for, so I did a Costco run, for food, and some key things I'd need for. Essentially getting things like laundry tabs, so I can do laundry, because I really need some of those.

When I got back, we had a long Skype session, so I could show home all my cool new stuff. My parents liked the new car, seem to like the complex I'm living in, and seemed to like the apartment as well. So, I got everything to my and their satisfaction, and still ran within budget. Huzzah!

Actually, there is one question mark left... I still need to finalize car insurance, and I'm still guessing at how much gas I'll need, but I got a car that's good on gas, so that should work.

With that out of the way, I had a nice afternoon ahead of me, so I spent most of it by the pool, trying to learn to handle the sun. There were other people out there, and we were able to chat a good bunch. So, getting to know people too. We also managed to get in the pool proper, instead of hanging out in the whirlpool all day. It took some getting used to, but I was able to cover some distance, and tread water. However, it's still really cold, and when I got out, I was shivering uncontrollably, so much so that I could barely use my phone to show him something. There will still be things to get used to, but I'm getting there.

With a bit more shopping, whirlpooling, and chatting, when the wind turned, I headed back upstairs, got the PS3 running, and spent the evening relaxing to Netflix. I lost a show or two I was watching, but gained a bunch more. There will be plenty of stuff for me to watch, if I feel the need to. I also got rabbit ears, which I can plug into the TV at some point.

So, we have options, and I was referred to a site made for meeting people for things, so I might be playing volleyball tomorrow (but I will need to make a Sport chalet run for new kneepads). Everything's coming up Milhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment