Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jet lag

People were asking me how the jetlag went. I have no idea. I don't really know what it would feel like, and have no idea if what I did counted, but if I did manage to avoid it, and people want to try my approach, here it is:
  • Day 1: Go to bed early, so that you have about 6 hours sleep (like 11 pm)
  • Day 2: Wake up super early (like 5 am), and then have a full day (over 20-22 hours) of stuff to do, so that you don't have a chance to get tired until it's over. Then, try to catch up on things and end up going to bed at what would be a pseudo-reasonable hour for that time zone (say 1 am in the new time)
  • Day 3: Despite wanting to get 8 hours sleep, feel a dire need to wake up a bit early (like a quarter to 8), and try catching up on stuff you didn't want to do the night before. Then, go have breakfast, and go about your day. At the end (it's almost midnight now), go to sleep in what is basically a normal day.
  • Day 4: ???
  • Day 5: Profit!
Right now, it's the end of day 3, and I'm about ready to go to bed, but I've got some day to document. While your life is getting flipped-turned upside down, it's a good time to take a minute and sit right there and force a few other changes on while you can, so if there are any habits you've wanted to change, it's a good time to wrap those in too. So, I have no idea when this fatigue is going to catch up to me, but until it does, I'll do what I can to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment