Monday, January 20, 2014

The home stretch

This morning was the first time sleeping at the new place, and I took an air mattress for the time being. However, I did overestimate the temperature at night, and despite being fine with just the one cover at the hotel, it was really cold at night. So, I grabbed a plush blanket, and that should cover it. I miss my wolf sheet.

I also called HR before going to work, since I need that letter for the car. Apparently, these things take time, but I did get them to make a letter. However, that'll take two business days, so I guess the car will be acquired on Wednesday. I also contacted the dealer, and asked about insurance and getting the rental back. Sounds like they'll cover that at the time, but I'll try getting estimates on insurance on tomorrow.

Either way, we're getting dangerously close to the endgame here. My stuff arrives on Wednesday, the letter for the car should get in on Wednesday, the internet will get set up on Thursday. So, by the end of the week, I should be covered, and can start spreading out to other things.

So, today, I mostly just went shopping for other logistics. My phone's data connection wasn't doing anything, so I went there, and all they needed to do was restart the phone. So, I'll be connected at all times, which is nice. I also started getting more money orders, to pay the movers on Wednesday. I'm glad I got one more question mark out of the way.

One way or another, things are winding down. I'm running out of things to say, but that's a good thing. There's a lot of directions I can go from here, and there's a meeting at work tomorrow for social activities. I'll attend that, and see if I can get involved there. Like I said, I'll probably inherit the softball team, but that might not start for a while. But I do need to start getting involved.


I also want to wish a happy birthday to my youngest niece. I wanted to call after work, but realized it would be like 8 or 9 local time, a bit late for a 6-year old. To be honest, I still have a hard time believing it's January. But I do hope to get things in order soon, so I can stay up-to-date on things. The lack of communication is a bit new to me, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment