Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Not exactly getting a break

Well, I heard back from the car lease. I'm probably going to need a briefcase full of cash, unless I can coax someone to co-sign on my loan. However, it should be totally possible to lease a $19,000 car for 35 months for less than 300 a month.

I did hear that Mazda has a foreign resident program, but when I went to the dealership, the guy had no clue what I was talking about. So, I didn't let him waste any more of my time. Tomorrow, I'll need to print the page, and go to a competent dealership. Any reviews I should know about Mazda?

After walking out of the dealership cross, I needed a win, so I hit the nearest Walmart, looking for a good prepaid phone plan with a SIM card. Unfortunately, they weren't very useful, and they were out of Straight Talk, the one I heard good reviews about.

Given I'd have to go home to find new info, I started driving back, dejected. I saw a Target, and decided to go in, in case they had something better. Turns out they have their own plan which was surprisingly good, but I decided T-Mobile was better. This is ironic, because that was the plan that I tried getting the first day, and all their SIM cards were expired. However, all the SIM cards there were minis, so it implied I should go to a T-Mobile store.

So, I went to the car, saw there was a T-Mobile 0.1 of a mile away, and driving out of the parking spot, I see it. However, it closed at 7, so I couldn't get very far. I set the GPS for home, but noticed there was another T-Mobile store, which was lit. However, it closed at 8, and they were settling up the people already there.

I was going to head home one last time when I remembered there's a Best Buy, which may or may not have been the same one I originally went to. I went there, got the SIM card, made sure it wasn't expired, and got it set up home. I'm also stealing my own number back from the burner, so my number shouldn't change, but it'll probably take overnight.

So, not my most productive day so far, but I still got good info, and got some progress in. I wonder what the best way to denounce that xenophobic dealer is...

No comments:

Post a Comment