Friday, January 31, 2014

Chinese New Year

Whoops, forgot to post this last night. The long part of the week is getting to me, but now that things are getting stable, I'll be able to plan better.

I went to work, a group of people from work decided to go to a dim sum, so we went there, and it was as good as advertised. I haven't had one of those since I was in Toronto, and here, we had a group of 8. Because it was Chinese New Year, we had 20% off, on it all as well. For those unfamiliar, a Dim Sum is a type of meal, where you order all sorts of small dishes for your table, and essentially have a small buffet within your table. It's very interesting, and very good.

On a related note, I need to remember to sign my cheques "Year of the Horse", now.

Other than that, the day was mostly uneventful. We have a bunch of documents to finish at work, and I'm probably the only person 100% assigned to that, so I'm churning through them.

After work, there was light rain, which I've heard nothing but nightmares of on the road, and it's the first time I saw rain driving. As such, freeway traffic slowed down to about 45-55 mph, and I was fine with that.

Also, back home, my family was handling the checkout of my old place, and seem to have done a very good job with that, except for my brother breaking a window. Apparently, that'll be just over $300 to fix, so I'll wrap that in with the moving expenses.

Other than that, I watched Netflix and went to bed. I have the weekend ahead of me, so I'll be catching up on things. I'll also do my annual volunteering for the robotics competition, back in Fredericton, except I'll be doing it online. Given my job is to get them a working (and awesome) scoreboard, it's something I can do abroad, but someone else will need to run it.

So, other than that, I should be meeting up with people for volleyball and/or hiking on the weekend, and I'll also want to finally watch the Puppy Bowl game on Sunday, now that I'm in the "right" country.

Should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment