Friday, January 3, 2014

Young Man Gone West

Ok, on the plane, heading for Calgary, now.
I know it's a little nuts to have three layovers, but it's a rough time of year to travel. I'll live.

1:03pm EST: That said, there's going to be a 10-20 minute fuel delay.
1:35pm: Ok, we have been fueled. Waiting for paperwork, should leave in 10.
1:42pm: ...and we're off!
1:48pm: really this time!
1:59pm: we're finally off the ground!
2:18pm: Ok, Lake Huron, with the islands and snow looks pretty awesome from the plane. Picture might not go so good, though.
2:39pm: Cool fact: at about 10 km altitude, the external temperature is about -50 to -60°C. When I flew in September, it was about the same. Go atmosphere!
5:21pm EST: Ok, watching snowed over prairies from above is also really nice... You can see borders for farms, and the rivers and surrounding streams coming from it, all snowed over as well. Unfortunately, my window isn't good for pictures.
5:58pm: And that would be the Rockies, out in the horizon. We're getting close, but we lost at least an hour. I'll switch to CST when I reactivate the phone part of the phone.
4:10 MST: And we're on the ground. Thankfully I already ate on the plane. However, the delay was really awkward for some, so we have rushed people. I... Might be one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment