Saturday, January 18, 2014

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sorry for not having this up already, it's been a long week.

The prize to the long middle of the weak was a short Friday, so I was trying to get as much done as possible. Our team had a pretty major deliverable, and while there wasn't much I could do to help, sanity was at an alltime low. One of my teammates tries to recharge his phone with an apple, and given my education, my first reaction was to figure out what was needed to pull it off. Initial estimates tell me 30 lemon batteries may be enough, so it might be technically possible. If I spot a Radio shack, I might see what they have for parts, but odds are, I'll just cheat and hide some watch batteries in a piece of fruit and fake it.

I did get good news about the car, the Toyota dealer contacted me and said there was an option: if I could get proof of employment/income from my company, that should be enough to secure the loan. So, I tried doing that, but my SSN wasn't in their system yet, so I couldn't get the letter (since they outsource that to another company.) It'll have to wait for Monday.

However, I was able to finish the money order, and get everything ready for the new apartment. Turns out all those attempts the day before looked like fraud, and the bank locked things down. One call got that handled. I'll be moving in this morning, around 11 am. I did need to set up the electricity and internet, which was easy enough, but the cable guy is only coming on Thursday, so I'll be without internet for a few days. At least I have the phone.

One logistic I'm not sure about is how to return the rental car. I assume at the dealership, they can drive the new car to the rental place, I drive the rental, leave it there, and we both go back to the dealership tomorrow. They must have done this stuff before. We'll see what they think.

That should be it. I am going to need to find things to do/people to hang out with, but that shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll try getting into some sports, that'll cover both nicely for now, and there's even beach volleyball at the new apartment, so I won't need to go that far. We'll see. I have plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment