Thursday, January 9, 2014

Disorientation II

Knowing how long rush hour traffic is, I left accordingly, and got there on time. However, a 90 minute commute is always terrible, and time spent there will be rare.
Orientation was alright. I was able to help the rookies a bit, and picked up a few nice features of the company that I should be able to leverage later. I also got to know more of them, and once we found common ground, started to make friends. I also drove one back, since it wasn't too far out of the way. We'll probably do something later, once her account is less messed up.

I also looked up some locations, and found some key places close to work that I'll likely frequent. There is a nonzero chance I can get a credit card via Costco, due to my existing card, so cheating the line there would be nice.

Other than that, I picked up a new laptop and GPS. My current one is slightly shotgunned, so this should be much better. And, a GPS is pretty mandatory here, so might as well stop the rental clock asap.

So, tomorrow, I'll visit the car dealership, and Saturday, I'll mostly be visiting apartments. I did hear back from the movers... They're in Ontario and ready to cross the border, and I confirmed some info, so they should be here in two weeks. I just need to let them know exactly where here is.

No comments:

Post a Comment