Sunday, January 5, 2014

Put a hundred down and buy a car

Now that we know what needs to happen, we need to figure out how to execute it.
The current situation: the stuff I flew in on me is at the hotel. I'm due to check out tomorrow. I need to go to work at one office at 9 am, and another at 11 am. I still need a place to live.
After some deliberation and consulting, I have a plan.
I will rent a car. I'm in line for that now. I will bring that car back to the hotel, and put my stuff in there. I will go to bed.
Tomorrow morning, I will check out of the hotel and drive to work. Then drive to the other office. After work, I'll drive to the extended stay hotel, and check in there. That should cover the most pressing needs.
By tomorrow, I'll have a better idea what the company can add.

8:36pm: Ok, other than the long lines, renting a car went extremely smoothly. I was surprised. Seems the company discounts are pretty nice, so I'm glad I ran everything through them. I did have to pay for a GPS, because I still don't have a proper phone, but because of it, I was able to drive the 0.9 mi back without issue, so that's something.
However, everything going perfectly smooth is boring so of course I get in trouble back at the hotel. I mistakenly drove down the valet parking entrance, and couldn't back out of it. (Steep angle, not the most powerful car...) So, I had to get one of the valets to help me pull it out, and muscle his way out of my mess. At least he made it look hard, so I don't feel as bad.
But, the car is parked in the hotel parking garage, and I'll be able to move a bunch of stuff in there, so I can drive to the office tomorrow morning. So, I'll work on getting into that extended hotel, and we should be good for the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment