Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Settling in

Well, things are slowly getting productive at work. Have access to the baseline code and, there's a lot of code. There's a reason there are hundreds on this project. I'll also get involved in the activities, while I can. I'm focusing on sports, since it relies less on knowing the geography.

That said, I am getting used to the area. I wouldn't navigate without a GPS yet, but I know when to ignore it and go my way.

The movers will be here at 8 or 9 am. It won't be easy, but they know what they're doing. I'll do what I can to facilitate.

I also got the papers I need for the car, sort of. I'll check the dealership tomorrow.

That said, things are going well. I had to pass through 3 stores to get garbage bags, but learned more about the stores here, including two different grocery stores.

So tomorrow, I'll have my stuff, Thursday, the real internet will be set up, and with any luck, the barriers behind having a car will be lifted. I might finally be able to relax as early as Friday. But, for now, I need to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment